APC supports 12 degree-granting, family founded institutions in New York State that are focused on educational excellence, access and affordability. The Association works closely with state and federal decision makers and advocates in favor of legislation and policies that support transparency, universal accountability and strong student outcomes.
Increasingly, misinformation, political agendas, and a lingering national narrative are affecting perceptions and fueling decision-making that is detrimental to proprietary colleges in New York State that have a long history of success and strong student outcomes. It is more important now than ever for the proprietary sector to stand together.
The benefits of APC membership are many:
- Relevant and timely information about new state and federal regulations and expert guidance on compliance
- APC covers the membership dues for our member institutions to belong to the SUNY Student Conduct Institute giving you access to resources and guidance to stay compliant with Title IX, Enough is Enough and 129A & B regulations
- Access to a network of other proprietary colleges facing the same challenges as your institution
- Participate in membership meetings and the APC Innovation Summit offering sessions on innovative trends in classroom engagement, admissions and financial aid processes and the use of technology on your campuses.
- The opportunity to join APC’s advocacy efforts and impact policies that support our sector and the students we serve.
If you are interested in becoming a member of APC, please reach out to our President, Donna Stelling-Gurnett at 1-518-437-1867 or by email at